§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
- (1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
- (2) The responsible party pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) is: Penelope Müller, 88048 Friedrichshafen, email@example.com
- (3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail or contacting us via a contact form is Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO.
- (4) If we use commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
- (1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis us with regard to the personal data concerning you: - right to information, - right to correction or deletion, - right to restriction of processing, - right to object to processing, - right to data portability.
- (2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- (1) In the case of merely informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO): - IP address - date and time of the request - time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) - content of the request (specific page) - access status/HTTP status code - amount of data transmitted in each case - website from which the request came - browser - operating system and its interface - language and version of the browser software.
- (2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive associated with the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the body that sets the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
- a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below: - Transient cookies (for this purpose b) - Persistent cookies (for this purpose c).
- b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
- d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
- f) The Flash cookies used are not collected by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your terminal device. These objects store the required data independently of the browser you are using and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, such as "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website
- (1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- (2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
- (3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more information about this when you provide your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
- (4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
- (1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time. Such revocation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
- (2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the performance of a contract with you, which is shown by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adjust the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
- (3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your objection to advertising at the following contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org, Brunnisachweg 2, 88048 Friedrichshafen, Germany.
§ 6 Use of the comment functions
- You can make public comments on certain offers on our website. Your comment will be published with your specified username at the post. We recommend using a pseudonym instead of your real name. The specification of user name and e-mail address is required, all other information is voluntary. If you post a comment, we will continue to store your IP address, which we will delete after one week. The storage is necessary for us to be able to defend ourselves against liability claims in cases of possible publication of illegal content. We need your e-mail address to contact you if a third party should object to your comment as unlawful. Legal bases are Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b and f DSGVO. Comments are not checked before publication. We reserve the right to delete comments if they are objected to by third parties as unlawful.
§ 7 Use of Google Analytics
- (1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
- (2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google.
- (4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means that IP addresses are processed in a shortened form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. Insofar as the data collected about you is related to a person, this is therefore immediately excluded and the personal data is thus immediately deleted.
- (5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
- (7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under "My Data", "Personal Data".
§ 8 Use of social media plug-ins
- (1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in by the marking on the box above its initial letter or logo. We open up the possibility for you to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked box and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. In the case of Facebook, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, personal data is therefore transmitted from you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers, in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects the data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser's security settings before clicking on the grayed-out box.
- (2) We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
- (3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for users who are not logged in) for the display of needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Via the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
- (4) The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in to the plug-in provider, your data collected from us will be directly assigned to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and link to the page, for example, the plug-in provider also saves this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as this allows you to avoid an assignment to your profile with the plug-in provider.
- (5) For further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the data protection declarations of these providers provided below. There you will also receive further information on your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy.
- (6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their privacy notices: a) [Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications, and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. b) Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/; Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. (c) Twitter, Inc, 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 9 Integration of YouTube videos
- (1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in "extended data protection mode", i.e. no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
- (2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile at YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
§ 10 Integration of Google Maps
- (1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly in the website and enables you to use the map function comfortably.
- (2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile at Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
§ 11 Use of Google Adwords Conversion
- (1) We use the offer of Google Adwords to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising media (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. In this way, we pursue the interest of displaying advertising that is of interest to you, making our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
- (2) These advertising materials are delivered by Google via so-called "ad servers". For this purpose, we use ad server cookies, through which certain parameters for measuring success, such as display of the ads or clicks by users, can be measured. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Adwords stores a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. For this cookie, the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are usually stored as analysis values.
- (3) These cookies enable Google to recognize your internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of the website of an Adwords customer and the cookie stored on his computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page. A different cookie is assigned to each Adwords customer. Cookies can therefore not be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. We ourselves do not collect or process any personal data in the aforementioned advertising measures. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. Based on these evaluations, we can see which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertising media; in particular, we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
- (4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Through the integration of AdWords Conversion, Google receives the information that you have called up the relevant part of our website or clicked on an ad from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, there is a possibility that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
- (5) You can prevent participation in this tracking process in various ways: a) by adjusting your browser software accordingly, in particular the suppression of third-party cookies will result in you not receiving any third-party ads; b) by disabling cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com", www.google. de/settings/ads, deleting this setting when you delete your cookies; c) by disabling the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulatory campaign "About Ads" via the link www.aboutads.info/choices, deleting this setting when you delete your cookies; d) by permanently disabling them in your Firefox, Internetexplorer or Google Chrome browsers at the link www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer in full.
- (6) The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Further information on data protection at Google can be found here: www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. Alternatively, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at www.networkadvertising.org. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 12 Remarketing In addition to Adwords Conversion, we use the Google Remarketing application.
- This is a procedure with which we would like to address you again. Through this application, our advertisements can be displayed to you during your further internet use after visiting our website. This is done by means of cookies stored in your browser, which Google uses to record and evaluate your usage behavior when you visit various websites. In this way, Google can determine your previous visit to our website. According to its own statements, Google does not combine the data collected in the course of remarketing with your personal data, which may be stored by Google. In particular, according to Google, pseudonymization is used in remarketing.
§ 13 Facebook Custom Audiences
- (1) Furthermore, the website uses the remarketing function "Custom Audiences" of Facebook Inc. ("Facebook"). This allows users of the website to be shown interest-based advertisements ("Facebook Ads") when visiting the social network Facebook or other websites also using the procedure. We thereby pursue the interest of displaying advertisements that are of interest to you in order to make our website more interesting for you.
- (2) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Facebook through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Through the integration of Facebook Custom Audiences, Facebook receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding web page of our website, or clicked on an ad from us. If you are registered with a Facebook service, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider will learn and store your IP address and other identifying features.
- (3) Deactivation of the "Facebook Custom Audiences" function is available for logged-in users at www.facebook.com/settings/.